Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Official Katie is Awesome Weekend

Note: I scheduled this to automatically post last night. Guess what? It didn't!

Note (#2): I wrote this post like 3 times and I still don't think it's good enough. But, like, I realized it doesn't have to perfect, just real, which it is.

(technically WEEKEND but yeah... :P)
Most of you random people that follow this blog don't have the pleasure of knowing Katie, therefore, right now, you're probably kind of like: Who is this Katie person? Why is she awesome? Why does she get a Katie is Awesome Day/Weekend/Thing?

I'll address those questions.
Who is this Katie person? Why is she awesome? Katie is a really freaking awesome person-- one of the most awesomest people you could possibly know, in fact. She's a lot of awesome things. Can I overuse the word awesome anymore? The answer is yes. Though only gramatically overuse it because I can't overuse it regarding Katie. So anyway. Katie is: ridiculously smart, really awesome at hockey, plays three instruments, is an incredibly kind person, is epicly sarcastic/funny, speaks three languages, and all of that cool stuff. But most importantly, of course, her personality is just awesome and such. She's a great friend to people and a great family member-- she's my best friend and has been for like 6 years, she's like family. She's always been there for me and I don't know that I deserve such a great friend. Like, I saw this quote the other day, it was like: "Best friends know the real you and somehow still agree to be seen in public with you.", and she was definitely the first person who came to mind. I seriously hope we remain being best friends forever. I could go on and on about all the reasons she's awesome and all the reasons I'm thankful for her being in my LIFE. *cheesy hallmark music*

Why does she get a 'Katie is Awesome Weekend/Day thingy? Because she deserves it. And also, so she hopefully knows how awesome she is. She's been going through some hard stuff lately-- and she's also overcome a lot. She doesn't think she's as great as we think she is. And that's not good. Because she should know how amazing she is! Angela came to me like in the beginning of December (yes. We took a while. But we've been kind of busy and December had holidays and stuff but more importantly we just wanted it to be really good.) and said we should do one of these things for Katie and I was like, YES YES we should. :P Because it was a great idea! We all want her to know how awesome she truly is and how much we appreciate her and her to know that she is loved. Hopefully, by the conclusion of this weekend, she'll believe that a little bit more :)

So anyway. Katie. Thank you. Thank you for everything. Thanks for being my best friend, being there for me, encouraging me, hanging out with me, dealing with my stupidity (even though you claim I'm not stupid),  and just being you. I hope we continue being best friends like, forever. And I don't mean that in the cheesy, OMG pre-teen let's be BFFs kind of way, haha. I seriously don't know what I'd do without you. Thanks for being all the things you are, including but not limited to: courageous, generally epic, The Official Sparkly Duck, a person with good ideas, a fun person, clever, kind, thoughtful, interesting, unique, and everything else.  Know that I, as do others, love you! Know that I have complete faith in you to achieve your dreams, whether they're opening a private music lesson school place thing, or being a forensic psychologist, or being a police women, or being an author, or all of those things! Thanks for all the crazy times we've had-- here's to many more. *toasts with invisible bubbly juice*

And to make this nice and pretty, here are some kinda random photos from some pretty awesome times, I must say:
2010, Obligatory over-picnicked shot. We are Awesome. (Me on the left, Katie on the right, haha. So we're clear on who she is.)
Circa 2010, webcams are fun. Yes, Katie, this was the time with the Turkey.
One of those shots, also 2010, that represents out friendship. :P
Yes, we do have matching epic hats. Be jealous.

In which our friend Ceilidh, Katie, and I celebrate the end of our french class with chinese food, because that makes sense.
 SO. IN CONCLUSION. (Not to make this sound like a speech.) Katie is awesome. Now you know that. Hopefully she knows that. And, HAPPY KATIE WEEKEND, KATIE!

4 comments:

Veela Cat said...

We love you Katie!

Unknown said...

Hola :)

Now I have some fabuloso news for you! *whoop whoop* I've nominated you for the versatile blogger award, just get it at my blog:) Congrats, I think you really deserve it!

http://ninjaswithmoustaches.blogspot.co.uk/

Nina

Stacey said...

Congrats! You have been nominated for the versitile blogger award! Go to www.justbeingmyselftoday.blogspot.com to claim your award! :D Stacey x

Olga A said...

thats so cool, katie sounds like an awesome friend, your so lucky - oa behindthestagebeauty.blogspot.com