Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Random Collection of Things

Alternately: An example of how not to use parentheses.

I feel bad for neglecting this blog, but I've been rather busy with homework stuff, teaching stuff, cleaning stuff, a lot of family stuff, and more stuff. Anyway, I think I'm used to the influx of the aforementioned stuff and am pretty much back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Stuff:
I hope I don't find out I failed my french test, but I don't think I did. GS starts tonight, I'm happy about that, I get to see people I haven't in a while. I like GS. Yesterday a ballpoint pen exploded in the outside pocket of my backpack, which resulted in seeping into my backpack and getting on my binders, as well as (since I didn't realize right away) all over my (new, naturally) hoodie, backpack, shirt, jeans, arm, and calculator cover. Guess how long it takes to scrub exploded ball point pen off of all of those things? A long time. (Hairspray, people. (Should such a thing ever happen to you.) You can thank me later.) The beginning of The Hobbit is very similar in setting up contrast and the way it's told to the beginning of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Look at them both, you'll notice. (I'm re-reading The Hobbit for a class and noticing some pretty weird stuff like that.) If you don't know the answer to a math problem, the answer is not automatically unicorn, 42, or I don't know. (From mine, and classmates experience.) Don't try that at home. Biology is interesting. Who knew? My dog is afraid of the dryer, but basically nothing else. Because that's normal. Blueberry muffins are awesome. Coffee is important. I like music. "Dead Throne", the album by The Devil Wears Prada (it came out yesterday), is quite good. The air here smells like those Minnesota wild fires on and off (so does the air pretty much everywhere else in the Midwest, at the moment).  My socks don't match.

I warned you, this post is "A Random Collection of Things".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wait you mean that the answer is not unicorn?!?!? Oy this is not good news... :)

Angela said...

Biology is pretty neat, indeed. :)