Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Y'all

I was just in Iowa for about 5 days. That was fun. That is also why I'm allowed to say y'all. I figure. I didn't pick up an even slight accent this time! Yay me. They do have accents. It's kind of like a southern accent, except more midwest-y? It's cool for the people from Iowa. N'est pas cool pour moi!

Iowa was fun. Got to see relatives. Spend time with my grandma. :) Celebrate mother's day. All that stuffs. The car ride wasn't even that bad! Music and books for the longgg ride. I didn't get to visit my favorite bookshop and coffee place while we were there :( But that's ok! I had lots of fun anyway!

I've been like.. overly stressed about everything lately. Even more high-anxiety than usual! If you know me well, you'll know I'm a pretty happy person but I'm also a worrier. An over-stresser. :P Not good... :(

I took some cool pictures in Iowa, I think I'll post some later...

I haven't made a lot of progress in my writing lately. While we were in Iowa I didn't really do any blogging at all. I got to read some stuff, but not a lot of time to sit down and write. I wrote some notes and plotted some things and came up with a character name or two in the car with my 'writing notebook: book of ideas' (that's the label on the front). So, at least I got that done. Seriously, the non-writing doesn't make me feel good. I've also had quite a bit of writer's block, along with my general lack of time for writing. :(

I finished my Silver Award and submitted it at the beginning of the month! Angela (who's in my gs troop as well) also finished hers, so CONGRATS TO HER :)

Other than that.. I've done some cooking. Some music listening... Bought some books. Read some books. Texted. Went to french class. Wrote this blog post. The works. :)

I also recently fell in love with this lyric from the song Outnumbered by The Devil Wears Prada. (Listen to the song here.) I like the intro too, very much. But this lyric, near the beginning:
"Standing at accuracy’s demise we have reached the new world wasteland.
Population converted: One by one (one by one), thousands upon thousands.
Like scavengers on waste..." Not even completely sure why.

Toodaloo.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on your Silver Award! Will you be going for the Gold Award as well? (:

Linda (Cat) said...

Thank you. I plan to!