Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

music.

"And the night shall be filled with music,
And the cares, that infest the day, 
Shall fold their tents like the Arabs, 
And as silently steal away." 
--the last stanza of the poem, "The Day is Done" by Henry Wadsworth Longellow

I love music. Sure, I mean, everyone loves music (right? I've never known anyone that disliked music in general... naturally, there is no such thing as everyone doing/feeling any one thing, but... I digress, I'm getting technical, and also abusing ellipses (...)), but to most people, it's a lot more than simply music. Music is a way to create something if you play it, a gorgeous art. Music is also a way to escape to different lands, different minds, different emotions. It's impeccable. The phenomenon that is music IS impeccable in itself.

SO. I love music. Chances are, you like music. Here are three random songs that I've been listening to a bunch lately.They're pretty awesome, in my humble opinion, anyway. Also, I've been listening to a lot of stuff other than these, obviously, but these are three I thought to include in the blog post 'spur of the moment' so they say.

 
"Kamikaze" by Owl City, from the album All Things Bright and Beautiful (Techno-ish/Pop-ish/Dance-ish)
Love this album so much more than Ocean Eyes, which was pretty darn good. I think Adam Young's voice is stronger and more varied throughout as is the music. 

 
"Forgive Me" by The Crimson Armada, from the album: Conviction (Metal)
This one is just plain good. Just saying. (Don't worry, I'll use the word just again before the post is over. I bet. Or I just did. whatever.)

 "Young Forever" by The Ready Set (Pop-Dancing-STUFF)
Oh my goshhh this song makes me want to have a big giant dance-party. Sometimes you need to DANCE. Let's all have a virtual dance party. *dancing* Well, that's over. Funnnn, right? 

Well, I'm done being random and talking about music for the moment. Laterrrrr alligators.

2 comments:

Veela Cat said...

Young Forever I think is now on the "Top 20 songs that Valerie likes"!!

Linda (Cat) said...

Yay! Isn't it dance-y (new adjective. baha.)!?! Happy to share a song that you liked!